Energy security remains a key challenge for the UK in what is a changing political and statutory environment and uncertainty has been heightened through instability in the market.
The generation sector is fast moving in terms of technology – recent years have not only seen a large growth in onshore and offshore wind farms, but development of anaerobic digestion, solar pv, gas to grid plants and biomass stations which have replaced traditional generating units such as coal fired power stations. The dynamic of the market is also changing – the growth of STOR which provides back-up to supply fluctuations, the construction of interconnectors and the more recent developments of battery storage.
For investors and operators, clear and certain advice is critical. Dunlop Heywood’s team of specialist rating surveyors deliver such advice. They are chartered surveyors who hold the RICS Rating Diploma or are a Member of the Institute of Quarrying.
The renewable energy team is led by Michael Rowbottom, he was previously a lead valuer in the Valuation Office Agency dealing with both conventional and renewable energy assessments and has appeared before Tribunals as expert in this area.
Dunlop Heywood has expertise in respect of:
- Onshore and offshore wind farms
- Solar installations
- Biomass plants
- Anaerobic digestion
- Hydro schemes
- Battery storage
- Power stations
We work with our clients to ensure that the methodology applied to the valuations provided by the Valuation Office Agency, Scottish Assessors or Land & Property Services (Northern Ireland) is correct and pertinent to the type of installation (or generator). We consider:
- The capacity of each installation and the amount of power generated.
- The subsidy regime under which it operates.
- The statutory and political environment applicable at the material day and the antecedent valuation date.
- Cross-checking income streams and outgoings against valuation models.
- The rating of plant and machinery i.e. identifying what elements of an installations are either rateable or non-rateable.
- Material changes in circumstances; for example, where there are physical changes at the property or if changes in the locality affect outputs, revenues or operations.
For further information please call us on 0113 357 1323 or email Mick Rowbottom.
Current renewable clients include:
- Temporis Capital
- Eneco UK
- Peel Energy
- Infinite Renewables
- Ventus Investments
- Temporis Wind
- Pension Infrastructure Platform
- Renewable Energy Ventures
- NTR Green Holdings
- Gilkes Energy