By Adam Brooke, Director
This was an interesting round up on prime office space in London I came across. If you want to supplement your Manchester base with a prestigious London address you could be pleasantly surprised by its affordability.
Even some of the most iconic addresses in the Capital can still be found for well under £1k – and taking into account the serviced office packages some of these sound very reasonable.
One example of offices in 30 St Mary Axe – better known as The Gherkin – can cost just £1,000 a month and typically include extras such as business rates and utilities for a serviced package; the only extra bills are likely to be telecoms. Now we aren’t talking meeting rooms, receptions etc here but if you want a foothold in a prestigious location there is some real food for thought.
Other iconic London locations are even cheaper with a one-man office in The Shard coming in at just £950 a month or serviced offices in Oxford Street for only £900 a month.
If Mayfair floats your boat for a fancy looking business card there are also options for £900 a month. A fashion or retail start up could be heading to Carnaby Street for £800 a month. Legal eagles wanting to be at the Old Bailey could be tempted at just £600 a month.
Here are ten of the most iconic office spaces in London, according to Londonoffices.com:
- Canary Wharf Tower/ Canada Square One – £700 per desk
- Liverpool Street Station – £700 per desk
- Old Bailey – £600 per desk
- The Shard – £950 per desk
- St Paul’s Churchyard – £600 per desk
- Oxford Street – £900 per desk
- Park street, Mayfair – £900 per desk
- Carnaby Street – £800 per desk
- Shoreditch High Street – £600 per desk
- 30 St Mary Axe: The Gherkin – £1000 per desk