The government is introducing a new grant scheme to support businesses that are experiencing difficulties because of the Omicron variant, and the dual impact of staff absences and lower consumer demand. Hospitality (defined as accommodation, food & beverage services) and leisure premises will benefit from targeted grant support.
Grants are per premises and the amount paid is varied by rateable value of each eligible premises, in three bands:
· £2,700 for premises which have a rateable value between £0-15k;
· £4,000 for premises which have a rateable value between £15-51k;
· £6,000 for premises which have a rateable value over £51k.
The grant is a one-off payment for premises at the rate of:
· £4,500 for premises which have a rateable value of up to and including £51,000, or
· £6,800 for premises have a rateable value of £51,001 or above.
The rateable value of the property is considered to be as per local authority records at 1 November, 2021.