Click on each person to read their full biographies:
Stuart Hicks BSc (Hons) FRICS Dip Rating IRRV (Hons) Director...
- Fellowship by Achievement of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- RICS Rating Diploma
- Diploma in Rating (IRRV)
- BSc (Hons) in Land Management
- Member of the Institute of Revenues, Rating & Valuation
- Member of the Rating Surveyors Association
- Peel Holdings (Land & Property) Ltd v Mills (VO) RA/86/2014 – an examination of the 2008 economic crisis, resulting poor demand and the effect on rateable values.
- Antique Hypermarket Ltd v Dunlevey (VO) RA/68/2014 – the identification of the hereditament to be entered in the rating list and the correct interpretation of the rebus sic stantibus principle.
- Sunderland City Council v Pallion Engineering Ltd  – an examination of an occupier’s liability for non-domestic rates and the enforcement process undertaken by Billing Authorities.
- Belfast International Airport v Commissioner of Valuation VR/9/2016 – the application of the contractor’s basis method of rating valuation.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland v Commissioner of Valuation VA17/5/523 – an examination of the exemption regulations in Ireland and the application of the receipts and expenditure method of rating valuation.
Andrew Chandler – Director BA (Hons) MSc MRICS Director and...
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- RICS Registered Valuer
- MSc Real Estate Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing and Management
David Nunn Director – Dunlop Heywood BSc MRICS Call: +44...
Stuart Hicks (Manchester & Belfast)
BSc (Hons) FRICS Dip Rating IRRV (Hons)
Director – Rating
Call: +44 (0)161 817 4844
Mobile: +44 (0)7775 834324
Stuart practices in all aspects of rating, advising ratepayers in respect of their rateable values and rates liability. He has a great deal of experience and a strong reputation for conducting rating appeals across the UK and Ireland. He appears regularly as expert in respect of rating appeals before the tribunals.
Recently, he has been involved in multi-million pound cases for a number of airports (including Dublin Airport Authority and Belfast International Airport) and a range of infrastructure undertakings (including Port of Dover, Port of Liverpool and LUAS, Dublin).
Stuart holds the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Rating Diploma. First awarded in 1922, the RICS Rating Diploma has long been recognised as the gold standard in terms of measuring the capability of rating surveyors. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the RICS Rating Diploma Holders’ Section and he lectures on the Contractor’s Basis of rating valuation.
Stuart frequently advises in non-domestic rating cases and has considerable experience relating to whether rating list entries are correct, exemption issues, completion notices, empty property rates disputes, valuation issues and collection/enforcement matters.
Key appeals include:
Andrew Chandler (Newcastle)
Andrew Chandler – Director
BA (Hons) MSc MRICS
Director and RICS Registered Valuer
Call: +44 (0)191 229 9714
Director Andrew joined Dunlop Heywood in 2013, following the merger with Bissett Kenning and Newiss. Having been active in the North East commercial property market for over ten years, Andrew has extensive regional knowledge with responsibility for valuation, agency, property management and lease advisory services.
Andrew acts on behalf of a wide range of clients including national businesses, charities, property companies, banks, pension funds, high net worth individuals and local independent businesses.
David Nunn (Leeds)
Director – Dunlop Heywood BSc MRICS
Call: +44 (0) 113 357 1324
David has 30 years of experience, joining Dunlop Heywood in 2011. Before joining Dunlop Heywood he was Estates Manager for Craegmoor Healthcare, a major national independent provider of support to around 4,000 people with learning disabilities and/or complex health needs. David managed Craegmoor’s vast estate of 370 UK properties comprising of offices, care homes, supported living units, independent hospitals, day care centres and further education colleges.
Before Craegmoor David spent a further 18 years with Bradford & Bingley Plc (latterly Abbey National Plc) as Head of Estate Management. Here he was responsible for the provision of estates services and overall estate management. He was responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to merge the split Head Office buildings in Skipton on to one site and the subsequent disposal of the surplus building